Think Company Funds is about to start again!
The grant is distributed twice every year. The last round was held in June, when the association board granted funds for five very different business ideas.
How are the teams and entrepreneurs who got the grant doing today?
“The grant has been really helpful”
During the first funding round of 2022 there were a bunch of great teams with a wide variety of different topics, such as the forest industry, research data publishing and psychology services.
Alejandra Cobos’s team is developing an online platform for 1on1 mental health support. She says that the Think Company grant has been a great help with going forward.
– We have used the grant for executing different tests on ways to validate our idea. We have also been able to cover the costs of landing page maintenance and the costs of different website features, Alejandra tells now five months later.
The team is soon starting their first marketing campaign.
– I am really happy and grateful for the Think Company fund. We are even thinking about applying again for the next round to develop our service forward, Cobos tells.
“The fund encouraged me to go forward”
Tareque Mahmud cashed the grant just a couple of days ago.
– When I applied for the grant, my company’s registration application was under process. I have now established a video production company where I make 1–2 minute videos for companies for their website about their product or service.
Mahmud is surprised how time consuming it has been to get started. The grant has encouraged him to continue.
– My initial plan was to use the grant on my company merchandise such as t-shirts, caps and stickers with my company logo. Now, afterwards, I think I underestimated the time needed to build a company brand and its customers.
- Think Fund is an easy way of getting early stage funding for a project to try things out.
- The grant is meant for a person or a team with an idea that has a positive social, ecological, or cultural impact.
- The team or the person needs to have a clear contact to Helsinki Think Company. Our community members are those who actively use our spaces or people who participate in our programs.
The Think Company Fund application period starts on the 1st November. Please read the instructions carefully before filling the application.